Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Electronics Possessed

Many of you may know the story of the possessed "Woody" doll. But for those of you who do not here it is in a nutshell. A couple of years ago, Brennan took his Woody doll in the tub with him. I had warned him this was a BAD idea but, he didn't grasp what water can do to an electronic toy. Anyway Woody was left in the bathroom to dry out and in the middle of the night, the freakiest, possessed noise came from the bathroom. I sat straight up in bed and shook Trent awake. Being totally freaked out at this noise we warily went down the hall to find out what is was. Of course, as Woody was drying out his "voice box" was involuntarily making the freaky, possessed noise. We laughed, sort of, and shoved Woody to the bottom of the laundry basket. Well, a few months later, Brennans battery operated dump trunk, that is supposed to sound like the real deal, it even has those obnoxious back-up beeping sounds, starts up in the middle of the night again, scaring the crap out of me! Trent and I again are traipsing around in our skivvies looking for this really loud toy and I kid you not could not find it. The next morning we found out that it was at the end of London's bed under a blanket and every time she kicked it with her foot it set off this really obnoxious toy. Who gave him this? I told London and Isabelle to clean their room.
Apparently, Woody did not teach Brennan that electronic toys do not go in the tub so he washed his little purple car that revvs it engine and then plays the song "You know you make me want to shout, kick my heels up blah, blah, blah Whoooooooo!" So, I think you can see where I'm going with this. Yes, middle of the night, jerked wide awake, shoved it under some towels in the bathroom which did not work and I believe ended up locking it in the drier. You would think that would be it but oh no. NO, NO! The timer London uses to time soccer games when she reffs soccer has a timer that goes off at 12:30 am. Right about the time we have just reached REM sleep. At this point we just ignored it, it only beeps for a minute and then shuts itself off. I would just turn the timer off all together, but I'm convinced I need a PhD in engineering to be able to do this so we ignore it. And actually, we hadn't heard it for a while (I think we left it in the car.)
So now, no I'm not done, we got the kids a cell-phone that they share. Somehow it has a timer that goes off at 3:30 am. Scaring the crap out of me every morning at 3:30 am. I do not know how to cancel it either I can not find it anywhere in the phone. I can see the alarm icon in the upper right hand corner, but when I go to alarms, no alarm. Ironically, the phone asks me if I want to create a new timer.
Well miraculously that problem remedied itself. But last night, the flippin' soccer timer went off at 12:30 am!

3 comments:

Child of God said...

sounds like you have an Evalie around your house. She goes off at 12:30 am and 4:30 am.

The Platts said...

Kim I found your blog. Mine is plattfamily04.blogspot.com. I need you email address to invite you cause my blog is private. Email me at jericaplatt@clearwire.net. Your blog is super cute.

Kortni said...

I found your blog and will probably be snooping from time to time. Just thought I'd let you know! Kortni

London playing soccer

London playing soccer
Varsity Soccer 2010

Isabelle the Ballerina

Isabelle the Ballerina
First pointe shoes

Brennan

Brennan
Hanging out on the potato piler